Line marking for safety’s sake
Line marking is the most effective way to protect pedestrians and mitigate hazards created by high energy objects, in contrast, it is often one of the most neglected or overlooked safety requirements in the workplace, car parks or warehouses.
In Australia, everyone deserves a safe workplace and it is a manager duty of care to perform reasonable and practical efforts in order to keep surroundings safe or minimise risk and to comply with the WHS Act.
This can be done planning, guiding traffic, or suggesting a visible barrier to separate operations from pedestrian movements around the workplace or areas that represent a danger to peoples wellbeing.
Line marking to protect and comply
We all agree that no business or public space wants to face the possibility of litigation or cause bodily harm to employees or visitors.
Without properly marked bays, directional arrows, pathways, crosswalks to identify, advice, guide, eliminate or reduce interactions between pedestrians energy objects, hazards and vehicles, our car parks, workplaces and public areas would be chaotic and dangerous.
This means that line marking goes beyond the appearance of your workplace, and although this really matters. Floor line-marking main objective in warehouses, factories, shopping malls and other facilities is, hazard mitigation, visual communication and warning.
Why is line marking so important?
- Defines evacuation paths, should an emergency occur
- Alerts people to potential trip hazards
- Line markings in aisles or rows can help avoid collisions from turning corners too tightly
- Specific hazards like chemical or electrical shock risks can be easily identified from a distance with proper line marking
- Prevent proximity to high energy objects and identify the hazard(s) related to these.
- Well marked car parking bays help prevent chaos and collisions
- Any ground space where vehicles are moving could be a possible collision risk, so line marking is important to indicate traffic direction
- Line marking helps to identify the placement of objects, like fire safety equipment, pallets, inventory and rubbish bins etc. This is not only important for safety but improves organisation
- Line markings quickly guide people to emergency first aid equipment and can minimise injury or prevent a fatality.
- Contributes to the community by providing safe and suitable areas for disabled people, mothers with prams or elderly and senior citizens to name a few.
- Professionally constructed plans and layouts for line markings are compliant, easy to navigate, indicate the location of equipment, and will keep visitors and employees safe.
Motor vehicles are statistically very dangerous
Vehicles including powered mobile plant moving in and around a workplace or other areas, reversing, loading and unloading are frequently linked with death and injuries to workers and members of the public.
First Kleenit, then mark it!
At Kleenit, we offer a variety of floor marking services and a diverse range of solutions that many people would probably either take for granted – or hardly give a second thought, a free assessment or estimate is just a call away.
Layout, stencil templates and planning before painting
Our technicians can design a detailed, scale plan showing the size, whereabouts and number of car bays. They can even stencil company logos, initials or identifying symbols on to the parking space surface and are familiar with the complex dynamics involved in planning a car park and offer solutions to any job regardless of its size.
Afterhours line marking, we get busy when you’re quiet
We understand disruption is to be kept at a minimum, we understand that sometimes you just cannot stop your operation, call us, with this in mind we will be glad to find a way to get the job done!
All our services, where necessary, are carried out to the most up to date safety standards to comply with your business or department requirements.
Read more about line marking on our website.
As well as line marking, at Kleenit we specialise in epoxy floor coatings, factory floor coatings, anti-slip floor coatings, and a host of other services for factories, shopping centres, parking spaces and businesses large or small.
Check out our line marking teams in action on youtube here.
Call in the safety line marking experts
Kleenit’s line markers can tackle any WHS line marking job, big or small. Anything from a few parking bays in an apartment block through to major retail developments, service station forecourts and multistorey carparks.